I have been at it again. I saw another pattern online and couldn't resist! Now I guess I just have to find some cute things to make for Aidan :) This is a little smock and it is reversible. I made the little flower clip too.



A couple days ago I let Aidan play out in the garage for awhile. I set up this leftover peg board on two little pieces of wood and then gave him a screwdriver and some screws. Lately he has been wanting to play with it all the time so we took it inside. It keeps him very occupied but I have to keep close tabs on Lauren or put her down for her nap first.
Aidan has been testing my patience and parenting skills lately. He has recently been throwing tantrums when he is told "no" and gets especially difficult when it is time to go to bed which is unusual for him. He has also started the whole "why?" thing. Every thing we say is met with "why?" Any wonderful parenting advice?

3 comments:
Ask him "why?" back. And of course there is always the, "because I said so." I hate to admit that I have said that once or twice. As for the tantrums, those are no fun. I sometimes find that talking quietly (makes them have to be quiet to listen) on their level when they have been removed from the situation helps a little. We have been getting this from Annika lately, ever since we got back from SoCal.
Love the smock!! Man, I wish I could sew!
Thanks Reb, I have been asking him "why do YOU think......?" and that has made him stop to think a little. Then sometimes he just says, "because!" :)
Annika did the same thing! I guess if we think it's an adequate answer to their questions, they can think the same!
Post a Comment