If you want to follow my photography blog, It's been moved to malissaeekhoffphotography.com !

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Shirt Dress

I have a weakness for crafts. The internet is full of resources and ideas for making things. This is usually a good thing but sometimes there are so many ideas that I want to try that I get sidetracked from what I should be doing. Anyway, this was a useful project that I just had to do. I used this tutorial http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=170402.0 to turn a button up shirt from Goodwill into a dress for Lauren. I forgot to take a "before" picture but here is (blurry) proof that it started out as a shirt.


And here she is wearing it! It was a long sleeve shirt so I decided to make a headband out of the extra sleeve material (can you guess where I got the directions for the headband :)



The good thing about this project is that it only took one afternoon. I did most of it while Aidan was napping and Lauren was playing with a bunch of toys I put in the room my sewing machine is in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

adorable!! And what a little model. LOVE the idea and really wish that I knew how to sew (or at least had a sewing machine). Perfect spring dress. Great job! I let one of my dear friends who sews know about your blog so she can check it out.