I learned how to knit a long time ago and have done a few projects here and there. I seem to go through phases of obsession and then I stop for awhile and have to refresh my mind on some things when I start back up. Anyway, I was going through one such obsessive phase shortly after Lauren was born (I was dying to try all those adorable patterns for little girls.) I found that I could actually knit with a sleeping (sometimes even nursing.....I told you I was obsessed)newborn in my arms. This was supposed to be a dress for a 3-6 month old I think. Well, either the pattern ran big or I need to perfect my gauging because it was nowhere near fitting Lauren last summer. But, this summer it does fit, except for the length which was remedied with some shorts made from extra white linen I had in the house. So I got Lauren all dolled up on Sunday morning with her hand knit dress and hand sewn linen shorts complete with the cutest ponytail ever. We (the kids and I since Mike was working at the fair) hopped in the car to head to church only to find out that the battery was dead! So, back into the house and into our "play" clothes. At least she never had the chance to get it dirty :)





1 comment:
just darling!
Post a Comment