If you want to follow my photography blog, It's been moved to malissaeekhoffphotography.com !

Friday, May 23, 2008

Run, girl, run!

I hate running (mostly anything over a 1/2 mile.) Always have. But, somehow, I have always been drawn to running some type of "race". Mike and I started training for the Bix 7 (a 7 mile run)a few years ago but then I broke my arm and stopped training. So, when some friends of mine asked if I would be interesting in running the Capital City 5 miler, I said yes. I was dreading the training but hoping the social aspect of it would overpower the fact that it was indeed running, and it did. Anyway, the "race" has come and gone (last Sunday) and it went pretty well! At least, I was happy with how it went and may even keep doing this running thing.

Here is the group from our church that ran the half marathon.

And here are the 5 milers.


The half marathoners take off.


Melissa and Traci finishing.

Michelle and I finishing.


Hmmm... half marathon next year? Doubtful. Mike says he's like to do that again but I think I will stick to single digits.

No comments: