If you want to follow my photography blog, It's been moved to malissaeekhoffphotography.com !

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sweet Little Lauren

She's not so little anymore......sigh. A couple of weekends ago she went on a father-daughter hiking/camping trip. Four little girls and their daddies. I thought, being the mamma's girl she is, that she would be asking for me and crying at night because she wanted me. Nope. Mike said she wasn't upset at all that she was gone overnight without me. He also reported that she was leading the way and pressing onward during the hikes, not wanting to stop for many breaks. I was impressed! You should be able to see some photos of their adventure here.

A couple days ago Mike and I were weeding outside and he was pulling out some weeds that had bright orange flowers on them. As far as I am concerned, if the weeds are nice and colorful, why not let them stay? But I digress. Anyway, I told Mike that I would keep them and give them to Lauren because she might like them. I put them in a little vase and gave them to her and she "ooooooh"ed and "aaaaawww"ed over them and we put them on the window sill in her room. Just last night after she went to bed I heard her sobbing and asked her what was wrong. "I don't want my flowers to die!!," she said. A couple of petals had fallen onto the sill and she knew that was the beginning of the end. I tried to calm her down but she kept on going. "I just can't stop thinking about my flowers dying. I really, really like them and I really, really, really don't want them to die!" She definitely has a flare for the dramatic but bless her heart for falling in love with some weeds :)

As for some pictures.....the kids have discovered hopscotch :)




2 comments:

MomE said...

Cute. Is that on your driveway? Probably not, most likely the sidewalk. Looks like they are having fun.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pics as always!!!!!!!!!!! And Lauren's story - so sweet! :)