If you want to follow my photography blog, It's been moved to malissaeekhoffphotography.com !

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

6 weeks

This post is going to be long and all over the place and possibly nonsensical and mispelled since I am typing with one hand, constant interuptions, and my current mental state is complete scatterbrain. "Don't do your blog posts while the kids are awake, stupid!" I heard that. But it's do or die for this post so shush.

My baby is 6 weeks old! I new the first six weeks would go by fast but gosh. Now I roll over onto my stomach at night and catch myself trying to remember what it felt like six weeks ago when that would have been impossible. I didn't get these pictures posted after she was born but they are a few more of my favorites of her newborn photos.





Can't decide on this next one if I like black and white better or color.






And here she is about a week ago. She's starting to smile! (This pic is cheating because it's a sleepy smile but look how cute!)

Mike's parents were here for over a week after Harper was born and did a ton of stuff for us. It was great. Grandpa was laughing at Aidan one night and Aidan said, "Do you get a kick out of me?!" He learned a few phrases from Grandpa as well like, "you take the cake." It was fun and a little sad to see how much they look forward to the grandparents coming, how much they remember of them, and how sad they are to see them leave now.
After they left it was back to life as usual, which in the summer is kids outside in barefeet (and sometimes actual clothes) and clothes on the line.
See the foot inside the basket?


plumber's butt <3







P.S. I turned 30. Still waiting to see if I feel more confident, driven, level headed.....I don't know but it seems like I should have some kind of profound life realization or something. Maybe that's at 40.
For my present I wanted to do something fun as a family so we went to this place where you paint your own wooden toy parts and then pick up your assembled creation a couple days later. It was a good time and we all got into it (except for Harper who slept the whole time but yay! I got to paint too!)



Then my parents came, more DIY home improvement projects done that might get their own special post later. We all went on a steam train ride. I was so excited to do this with the kids. It was a restored engine from the early 1900's



This man was our engineer....love this pic.






Lauren kept saying "Mom, this is sooooo.....much...... fun!"










We also had Harper baptized while my parents were here and celebrated Aidan's 4th birthday. He's getting so big *tear*. He requested a Super Why (PBS show) cake and I don't want to toot my own horn but..... toot!



To clarify, the cake was on wax paper over a background that the kids colored.
And, after Grandpa and Grandma left, we promptly got sick and have been a little cooped up lately and watching way too much TV. I finally FORCED the kids outside today to play. "You'll like it, it's good for you, you're driving my crazy, mommy needs some quiet time." I said it all. They weren't buying any of it until the quiet time remark, then they went right out and played for awhile :)
So there, a long, unfocused post. I make no apologies. Hey, maybe that's because I'm 30!

6 comments:

Handcrafts by Heather said...

Gorgeous pictures, as always! Congratulations on so many milestones :)

Abril said...

hey - saw the post on facebook so came over to check it out. your photos are absolutely phenomenal! well done. and three kids under the age of 4 - i can't even imagine :)
looks like you are all really enjoying your lives! that's great to see.

MomE said...

Good job on the cake Mal. I love Lauren's smile on the train. She really does look like she is having fun. Harper is changing already.

Holly said...

That totally looks like Super Why! You are amazing! Your kids are gorgeous! I like to peek in on your family every once in a while! Happy to see you are all well!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pics!! And you can make awesome cakes too????? I feel like saying something mean here :)
I'd like to see some pics of your finished works of art from that paint store.
thanks for posting even though you don't feel well!

Our Plain Life said...

Great pics and great update!